Youth Connect: Journey 2 Unity Tour
This summer, Renaissance Youth Council and the NYC Parks Department will gather thousands of teens, elected officials, NYPD and its Community Partners, SCAN NY and youth organizations from around the city for the Youth Connect: Journey 2 Unity Tour..
The Tour will swing through NYC parks in each borough to inspire youth to #getconnected to positive activities, engaged peers, and community leaders. These celebrations will feature music, dance, and dynamic speakers, and will connect attendees to programs and civic engagement opportunities in their neighborhoods."
- Good Morning America: "Dressing Room Reveal: This youth choir is sharing music with a message"
- amNY: "Bronx teens inspired to offer ‘disconnected youth’ hope in their communities"
- amNY: "Renaissance Youth Council sets dates for ‘unity tour’ to promote community involvement"
- ThisistheBronx: "Renaissance Youth Center - Connecting the Disconnected"
Youth Connect: Journey 2 Unity Contest
- Deadline: July 15, 2018, 9pm EST
- Submit entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org - IMPORTANT: Please read ALL rules below before submitting entries.
- Too many teens are disconnected, isolated, and lacking positive outlets to discover their passions and meet engaged peers. The Youth Connect: Journey 2 Unity Tour is here to fix that, but we need your help. We are holding events in all five boroughs and need pieces (1 visual, 1 written) that speak to this issue.
- click for full rules
- You can capture where we are today, and show the problems facing teens lacking a positive path forward (a wake up call, a call to action). Or your piece could show a positive vision: how amazing it is for teens to be involved in their community and thriving through positive activities that create unity and joy.
- For the T-Shirt contest, we will print your design on T-Shirts available at Youth Connect events in all five boroughs, and will spread the image via social media and news stories, giving exposure to you and your work. (T-shirt contest is for ages 24 and under.)
- For the Poetry or Essay contest, we will read your piece publicly, or you can read it yourself on stage, at events in all five boroughs, and we will share it on social media and news outlets, to use your powerful words to draw attention to the work we are doing, and give exposure to your talent and your voice.
- Prizes: 1st Place in each contest gets $300. 2nd and 3rd place in each contest get $100. Winners will be announced by July 15th.
- For any questions, please contact email@example.com